Alexandria Freecycle is looking for volunteer moderators
To all the members of Alexandria Freecycle.org
We are looking for volunteers to become group moderators. Moderators must live in the Alexandria area. The training course consists of online lessons, and regular email contact with a Moderator Trainer.
If you're interested in making a contribution to your community and your planet in learning a little about online community building and media relations; and in keeping stuff out of the local landfill, please keep reading!
Being a moderator doesn't require a lot of time but does require some dedication. There is lots of support available, it's fun and is a small thing that can make such a big difference.
Simply answer these questions and send your reply to us. You'll hear back within a week. All information is strictly confidential and will not be shared or otherwise distributed outside of Freecycle management. We ask for some personal information for safety and liability reasons and to be able to contact you in an emergency.
Thanks for your consideration.
To apply, please click the 'contact moderators' link on the homepage for an email form, then copy and paste the required info below - if you are not already logged in to Freecycle.org, you need to do so.
Please put “Alexandria Freecycle" in the subject line.
Please tell us:
1. Your full name, contact information (include a phone number), and address where you live.
2. The e-mail address(es) and User ID(s) you use on Freecycle.org, Yahoo Groups and other online communities as applicable:
3. Do you have time to moderate the group? It takes at least 10-15 min three to four times a day to review messages, etc.
4. Do you have access to a computer, even on weekends and holidays? If not, what days and/or hours would you be available?
5. Are you a co-owner, moderator or member of any other Freecycle groups? Please tell us which groups and your level of involvement.
6. Are you a co-owner or moderator in any non-Freecycle groups? We would like to know if you have experience as a moderator.
7. Any relevant experience that would be helpful for us to know.
Please get back to us as soon as possible if this sounds like something you'd like to do. And if you know someone else who would make a good moderator, please pass this message on to that person. If you have any questions, please let us know - we're happy to help!
Please login or sign up to My Freecycle to join this group.