ALPINE SHIRE FREECYCLE(R) RULES
Welcome to the Alpine Shire Freecycle Group!
PLEASE READ ME! By joining and participating in Alpine Shire Freecycle you agree that you have read, understand & will follow these RULES. Members receive this message upon joining and as a reminder periodically.
The following list rules have been adapted from the original Freecycle etiquette guidelines.
The success of this group depends on all of its members. Each of us need to do our best to keep this working well, and be nice and patient with everyone else. Good luck, have fun and dive on in!
FREECYCLE RULES & ETIQUETTE
1. KEEP IT FREE, LEGAL & APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AGES. This means, for example: * No pornography, * No alcohol, * No tobacco, * No drugs (of any kind, including all medicines, vitamins, creams, etc), * No firearms or other weapons
Two strikes and you're out of the group. This is our main Freecycle rule to live by, and it's a pretty easy one at that.
2. SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR POSTS. Use these phrases to make it easy for others to delete or view.
* OFFER: thingamajig (Your General Location) * TAKEN: thingamajig (Used in conjunction with Offer) * WANTED: thingamajig, any condition. (Your General Location) * RECEIVED: thingamajig (Used in response to Wanted) * ADMIN: (Used by Owners and Mods)
***PLEASE NOTE: If you post using the My Freecycle website, these options are already available for you in the Post tab.
3. NO POLITICS, NO SPAM, NO MONEY, NO PERSONAL ATTACKS/RUDENESS, NO PROSELYTIZING/RELIGION. It's all about R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Two strikes & you're out.
4. PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO BORROW THINGS. FREECYCLE IS ABOUT GIVING, NOT LENDING. It is too difficult to ensure things are returned in the same condition, so we just don't go there. And NO TRADING also. Go to your local trading organisation for this.
5. RESPONSES GO ONLY TO OFFERER. It keeps down the sheer no. of emails.
6. NO OFFERING YOURSELF OR YOUR CHILDREN OR ANYONE ELSE.
7. A BRIEF NOTE ON FREECYCLE ETIQUETTE: "Be nice." We are all volunteers and we've got a great little community here so when you arrange to pick up an item please accommodate them as much as possible with the timing and be punctual; they are giving you something and asking nothing in return except that you will show up when you say you will.
8. SAFETY. Be aware! It is up to each member of Freecycle when arranging for pick up of the item being given away to be aware of the potential risk of having "a stranger" come to your home to pick something up. Freecycle assumes no responsibility for this risk. You may want to arrange to meet in a public place or leave the item on the front porch without mentioning whether or not you will be home at the time of pick up.
9. PLEASE DO NOT POST THE SAME "WANTED" POSTING MORE THAN ONCE A MONTH.
10. CAN WE USE FREECYCLE TO FIND NEW HOMES FOR PETS? Some groups say yes, but keep it legal and lovingly careful. Other groups say no, please refer to the SPCA (http://www.rspca.org.au/) to find pet-related resources locally. It depends on what you and your fellow members have decided locally. However, posts about pets for breeding purposes are not allowed in any Freecycle groups.
11. PICK UP. Generally, you'll wait until you get a handful of responses or maybe overnight, and then you can pick whomever you like! Arrange pick up with one person only, rather than "it's on the porch, whoever gets here first gets it." Only give your phone number to one person at a time or ask for the recipient's phone no. Otherwise you'll get swamped with phone calls.
For assistance email: AlpineShire@mods.freecycle.org
Please login or sign up to My Freecycle to join this group.