Guidelines and Etiquette
Help keep useful stuff out of our landfills/dumps!
The Charlottesville Freecycle ™ group is open to all residents of Charlottesville and Albemarle
County, Virginia who want to find new homes for useful items rather than throwing them away.
Donors list unwanted items which may be claimed by any other group participant, free of charge.
Whether it's a chair, a fax machine, or an old door, feel free to post it. Or maybe you're looking to
acquire something yourself! Our main rule: everything posted must be free. :)
Rules and Etiquette:
1. Keep it FREE, LEGAL & APPROPRIATE for all ages.
2. NO POLITICS, NO SPAM, NO MONEY, NO PERSONAL ATTACKS/RUDENESS Period.
3. Subject line: Please begin with one of these words:
OFFER: old couch
TAKEN: old couch (So that others know the item is no longer available)
TAKEN PPU: (Taken pending pick-up)
WANTED: old couch (Please limit WANTED posts to 3 in any 10-day period.)
ADMIN: used only by moderators for announcements & reminders
4. PLEASE POST YOUR APPROXIMATE LOCATION: Please list this in the subject line
and the body of your offers.
5. No trading or bartering is allowed.
Have fun and jump right in!
Thanks, Freecycle Charlottesville Moderators
These rules are subject to modification at any time the need arises at the sole discretion of the moderators.
Please login or sign up to My Freecycle to join this group.