29519 Members Please see the Member FAQ for help
Welcome to the Leicester Freecycle group! Leicester Freecycle(R) is for all who want to find a new home for reusable items. Everything must be FREE, legal and appropriate for all ages. The Freecycle Network is made up of members across the globe.
It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns and thus keeping good stuff out of landfills. Membership is free, and everything posted must be FREE, legal and appropriate for all ages. To view the items being given away or sought in The Leicester Freecycle Group, you must be a member of this local group. Freecycle is a movement of people keeping stuff out of landfills while building a sense of community. Send questions or comments to The Freecycle Network Copyright © 2003 The Freecycle Network (http://www.Freecycle.org). All rights reserved. Freecycle and the Freecycle logo are trademarks of The Freecycle Network in the United States and/or other countries. Freecycle UK is a Registered Charity (No: 1118148) and is a Company Limited by Guarantee (No: 05945013) disclaimerSign up/log in
To sign up to Freecycle, there are a few steps you will need to take.
1.Go to http://my.freecycle.org and underneath where it says "I'm not a My Freecycle user" click on "Go to the signup form and create your account for free."
2. This opens a new window. You'll be asked to create a Freecycle Username, enter your email address and create a password. You will need to type this password again to confirm it.
3. There will be a 'Re-Captcha' box underneath (this is to prevent spam robots joining the site), and you simply have to type in the characters that appear in the box above. If you struggle to see the characters you can click on the speaker icon, and it will say them for you.
4. Tick to agree to the Freecycle Network Terms of Service
5. Click 'Sign Up'
6. You are now a member of Freecycle!
It should then take you to the log in page, and show that you are logged in. If not, you can easily log in by using the username and password you just created.
Every time you log in to Freecycle you will need to use that username and password. If you forget your password, you can easily reset it by clicking 'Forgotten Password?' underneath the log in box.
Now you need to take a look and see which Freecycle Groups you would like to join!
JOINING A FREECYCLE GROUP
1. Work out what local group you want to join eg. Peterborough, Leicester, Northampton etc. You are allowed to join a maximum of 10 Freecycle groups.
2. Log in to Freecycle.
3. Click on the 'My Groups' tab it will either be in the centre of the page, or the top right hand of page.
4. Here it will tell you which groups you are already a member of, and allows you to search for groups. Type the name of the group into the search box at the top, where it says 'Find a group near you'. Then click 'Find Group'
5. The results of your search will then be displayed.
6. Find the group you want and you can either take a look at their group page by clicking 'Go to group page' or you can request to join by clicking 'Join this group'.
7. You will have then joined that particular group, and pending moderator approval you will be able to post and request items from that group.
PLEASE NOTE: Moderator Approval can take up to 24 hours, so please be patient! While you are awaiting approval you will not be able reply to posts or make posts.
8. Every time you log in to Freecycle now, it will say you are a member of that group, you will also get emails sent to you from that particular Freecycle group. Any questions you have should be sent to the moderators for that group.
Thanks for reading! Have fun recycling!
Your Leicester Freecycle Moderator Team
Please login or sign up to My Freecycle to join this group.