Child and Baby Items - Please read
Because of documented safety concerns, please read the following information before OFFERing or posting a WANTED for the following items that have been labeled as possibly unsafe and hazardous:
- Cribs with slats more than 2 3/8 inches apart or the holes in the mesh are 1/4 inch or greater in size
- Cribs with corner posts
- Cribs made before January 1994
- Cribs with broken or missing pieces
- Walkers with wheels
- Car seats more than 6 years old
- Car seats with broken or missing pieces
- Car seats that have been in a crash
- Car seats that have no model number or date of manufacture
- Car seats that are on a recall list and the company is no longer in existence
If you are receiving a baby/child item, it is your responsibility to check for recalls and safety before you use it. The following links from the Consumer Product Safety Comission website provide excellent information:
McFreecycle Moderators McFreecycle@mods.freecycle.org
Freecycle(TM) and the Freecycle logo are trademarks of The Freecycle Network in the United States and/or other countries.
Please login or sign up to My Freecycle to join this group.