Oakland can use another moderator
Freecycle.org(R) Oakland needs volunteers to be Local Group Moderators!
*Moderators must live here. *Training is provided.
If you're interested in making a contribution to your community and your planet; learning a little about online community building and media relations; and keeping stuff out of the local landfill, please keep reading!
Being a moderator doesn't require a lot of time, but it does require some dedication. There is lots of support available, it's fun and is a small thing that can make such a big difference. And with more than one moderator, you can take turns monitoring weekends and holidays and go on vacation without worrying.
Simply answer the following questions in the Application below, and send it to us. You'll hear back within a week.
NB: All information is strictly confidential and will not be shared or otherwise distributed outside of Freecycle.org management. We ask for some personal information for safety and liability reasons and to be able to contact you in an emergency.
Thanks for your consideration
Your Local Moderator Team
Please answer all sections of questions 1 to 7:
1. a) Your full name: b) Your home address with postcode: c) Your telephone number:
2. The e-mail address(es) and User ID(s) you use on Freecycle.org, Yahoo Groups and other online communities emails and Id's as applicable:
a) My Freecycle.org email: b) My Freecycle.org ID:
c) Yahoo email: d) Yahoo ID:
e) Other recycling communities as applicable:
3. Do you have time to moderate the group? It takes at least 10-15 min a couple times a day to review messages, etc:
4. Do you have access to a computer, even on weekends and holidays? If not, what days and/or hours would you be available?
5. Are you a co-owner, moderator or member of any other Freecycle.org groups? Please tell us which groups and your level of involvement:
6. Are you a co-owner or moderator in any non-Freecycle.org groups? We would like to know if you have experience as a moderator:
7. Any relevant experience that would be helpful for us to know:
Please get back to us as soon as possible if this sounds like something you'd like to do.
If you know someone else who might make a good moderator, please pass this message on to that person.
If you have any questions, please let us know - we're happy to help!
* Send your completed Application to us at:
** PLEASE PUT "Oakland Assistant Moderator Application" IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Copyright © 2003 Freecycle.org(R)Freecycle and the Freecycle logo are trademarks of The Freecycle Network in the United States and/or other countries
Please login or sign up to My Freecycle to join this group.