RestonVA Freecycle.org(R) Local Guidelines
Dear Freecycle.org(R) Member,
1. KEEP IT FREE, LEGAL & APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AGES. This means, for example, no pornography, no alcohol, no tobacco, no drugs of any kind (including prescription and over-the-counter drugs), no firearms or other weapons.
2. WANTED POSTS ARE TO BE USED SPARINGLY. Members who post too many Wanted posts are subject to being put on moderation. Before posting a Wanted message, use the Search Posts button to look for Offers that match your particular need. If you need many different things, consider changing your email preferences to receive an email each time an item is posted.
3. NO POLITICS, NO SPAM, NO MONEY, NO PERSONAL ATTACKS/RUDENESS, NO PROSELYTIZING/RELIGION. Please report any violations of this rule to the moderators.
4. NO SWAPS/TRADING. Additionally, the Reston Freecycle Group does not accept posts for coupons.
5. NO PERSONAL ADS. Posting oneself or another person from the human species is not allowed. There are many fine Internet dating sites better suited to this purpose.
6. NO POSTS ABOUT ANIMALS. While some Freecycle.org groups allow pet postings, the Reston Freecycle Group does not.
7. NO PERSONAL INFORMATION IN POSTS. Please do not include details about your particular circumstances in your post. Limit your descriptions to what you are offering or requesting.
8. NO CROSS-POSTING. Please do not post the same message to more than one Freecycle group at the same time. If you have posted to another group, wait 48 hours before posting to Reston.
9. NO CURB-ALERT POSTS. Arrange pickup with one person only, rather than "It's on the curb, whoever gets here first gets it."
10. CRIBS AND CAR SEATS. When offering these items, please provide as much information as possible, including date of manufacture and brand/model number. The Reston Freecycle group will not allow Offer posts for cribs and car seats that may be expired or recalled.
A BRIEF NOTE ON FREECYCLE ETIQUETTE. Politeness counts! The more polite you are when requesting an item, the more likely you are to be chosen as recipient. When you arrange to pick up an item from another Freecycle member, be punctual; they are, after all, giving you something you need and asking nothing in return except that you will show up when you say you will. Also, unless the giver tells you otherwise, assume that they would like you to come by as soon as you can to take away the item.
PICK UP. Arrange as you like. When you offer an item, it's a good idea to wait until you get a handful of responses -- then you can choose whomever you like! Also, be aware that your email might wind up in the intended recipient's spam folder. To avoid confusion, never give you address in your first email to the recipient; wait until after you agree on a pick up time.
WE HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR NO SHOWS. If someone does not show up to pick up an item, please contact your moderators: https://groups.freecycle.org/group/RestonVA/contact_moderators
SAFETY. Be aware! It is up to each individual member of Freecycle when arranging for pickup of the item being given away to be appropriately aware of the potential risk of having a stranger come to your home to pick something up. Freecycle as an organization assumes no responsibility for this risk. You may want to arrange to meet in a public place or leave the item on the front porch without mentioning whether or not you will be home at the time of pickup.
DISCLAIMER: FREECYCLE.ORG(R) NETWORK MEMBERS USE THE LIST AT THEIR OWN RISK. Please take reasonable measures to protect your safety and privacy when posting to the list or participating in an exchange. By joining the list, you agree to hold neither the list owners, moderators nor anyone affiliated with Freecycle.org responsible or liable for any circumstance resulting from a Freecycle.org-related exchange or communication.
Regards, Your RestonVA Freecycle Moderators
Copyright C 2003 The Freecycle Network (http://www.Freecycle.org). All rights reserved. Freecycle.org and the Freecycle.org logo are registered trademarks of The Freecycle.org Network.
Please login or sign up to My Freecycle to join this group.