HOW TOs (Posting, Unsubscribe, Email, etc.)
HOW TOs (Posting, Unsubscribe, Email etc;)
**ONCE YOU POST YOU CANNOT EDIT... IF YOU NEED A POSTING EDITING PLEASE EMAIL THE MODERATORS TO HELP YOU. **
1) Login to MY.FREECYCLE.ORG, and click on the MY POSTS tab. 2) Click MAKE A NEW POST and use the drop down menu to choose either OFFER or WANTED. 3) Fill in each area in the menu especially using Location: 2 CROSS STREETS ARE REQUIRED, also please give an accurate description of your WANTED or OFFER. DO NOT PUT WANTED OR OFFER IN THE SUBJECT AREA TO POST. YOU CHOSE WHAT YOUR POSTING IS FROM A DROP DOWN MENU. 4) Fill in a brief description and click MAKE THIS POST to post your message (please note, if your membership is moderated, you will need to wait for moderator approval before your message is posted). Please be patient.
ALL POSTINGS SHOULD BE MADE USING THE SITE!
**TO SEND A TAKEN/RECEIVED MESSAGE**
My Freecycle was designed so that when a Taken message is sent to the board, the original Offer is automatically removed from the board. This way, you can visit the site and quickly see what OFFERs and WANTEDs are open without having to search through the board for a Taken message.
If you have an open Offer or Wanted on the board, and need to mark it as Taken or Received:
1) Login to MY.FREECYCLE.ORG 2) Click on MY POSTS. 3) To the left you will see your open posts, with a button marked MANAGE, click this and you will see two options available for each post: MARK AS TAKEN/RECEIVED or REMOVE FROM MY FREECYCLE. 4) Choose MARK AS TAKEN (Or RECEIVED if it is a Wanted). 5) You will be brought to a new screen that has a default Taken message. You can edit this message if you choose. If you do not, simply click SEND TAKEN message. 6) Your Offer/Wanted will then be removed from the board.
Those who choose to receive emails will also receive an email notification with your Taken/Received message.
**TO POST A PHOTO WITH YOUR OFFER. **
1) Login to MY.FREECYCLE.ORG and click on the MY POSTS tab. 2) Click MAKE A NEW POST and use the drop down menu to choose OFFER. 3) If the group you belong to allows pictures to be posted, the option will appear at the end of the form. 4) Click BROWSE to choose a photo on your computer. 5) Click MAKE THE POST after adding the photo.
**TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR OFFERS/WANTEDS** 1) Login to MY.FREECYCLE.ORG and click on the MY POSTS tab. 2) Your open Offers/Wanteds will be displayed by date. 3) To close your Offer/Wanted, click MARK AS TAKEN or MARK AS RECEIVED and follow the prompts. 4) If the item was not taken or Received, but you would like to remove the post from the board, click REMOVE POST FROM MY FREECYCLE.
**TO CHANGE YOUR EMAIL PREFERENCES**
1) Login to MY.FREECYCLE.ORG and click on the MY GROUP tab. 2) Click the drop down menu to see the available email delivery options. 3) The options are: to receive all postings via email or to stop receiving post emails (Please note, if you choose to receive no emails, you will still receive special notices from the moderator). 4) After choosing your option, click: MAKE IT SO.
**TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD, EMAIL ADDRESS, OR TO DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT**
1) Login MY.FREECYCLE.ORG and click on the MY INFO tab. 2) Click on the appropriate button and make the changes. 3) Remember to click on the prompt to save your changes.
**TO VIEW YOUR GROUPS FILES**
1) Login to MY.FREECYCLE.ORG and click on the MY GROUPS tab. 2) Click on your group name. 3) When you are brought to your Groups page, click the GROUP INFO tab, and then click on FILES. 4) The Groups files will be displayed. 5) Click on an individual file to download and review.
**TO CONTACT YOUR GROUPS MODERATOR TEAM**
1) Send an email to: SpringfieldVA@mods.freecycle.org
**HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE**
1) To unsubscribe, log in and click THE MY GROUPS link at the top right. A screen will appear with all of the groups that you belong to. 2) Next to the group you want to leave, select CHANGE SETTINGS, then the LEAVE THIS GROUP green button and you will be unsubscribed from the group.
**REMOVE YOUR FREECYCLE.ORG ACCOUNT**
1) To leave the My Freecycle site completely, login and click the MY INFO link under the My Freecycle link at the top right. 2) Then click the green DELETE ACCOUNT button and follow the prompts to leave the site.
Please login or sign up to My Freecycle to join this group.