The Freecycle Community and COVID-19
As a charitable web community, The Freecycle Network has often provided a critical alternative method for our members to support each other in times of crisis, such as during hurricanes or earthquakes.
With the spread of COVID-19, we look forward to being here for each other now as well -- especially as access to public spaces becomes more limited.
Please, when gifting, do consider the following steps to remain safe and healthy:
- If you are experiencing symptoms, please refrain from participating in the gifting process;
- Before picking up or gifting wash hands, wipe the items down with a disinfecting wipe;
- Consider simply leaving the item on the porch for others;
- When interacting with each other, please maintain social distance when greeting, and if you cough or sneeze, please use your elbow or a tissue;
- Also, please disinfect regularly used surfaces like doorknobs and tables where items are left;
Freecycle is about keeping items out of landfills and helping others. Now is a good time to build on this community and pull together for a common cause. Thank you for your part.
More general information is found at the links below: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html
Please Stay Safe, Linda (Warren, Ohio Mod)
Please login or sign up to My Freecycle to join this group.