Westminster Group Rules - please read so your post does not go into moderation
1. KEEP IT FREE, LEGAL & APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AGES. A. No alcohol, tobacco, firearms or other weapons, profanity or sexual content, medications (of any kind, including over-the-counter supplements, vitamins, etc.) B. Never send money or vouchers/bitcoins etc for anything offered on Freecycle (this includes money for shipping/couriers) - complete disregard to our rules will see the re-offenders banned C. All copyrighted material must be the original media D. No unregistered waste carriers [UK only].
2. WANTED POSTS ARE TO BE USED SPARINGLY. Do not remove a post and re-post it again (within 30 days) in order to be at the top of the list. Do not make duplicates to get more attention than other members. Repeat offenders will be put on moderation or banned. Abusive emails against the volunteer moderators will not be tolerated and you will be put on moderation or banned.
3. NO POLITICS, NO SPAM, NO MONEY, NO PERSONAL ATTACKS/RUDENESS
4. NO SWAPS/TRADING PLEASE. Repeat offenders will be put on moderation or banned.
5. NO PERSONAL ADS. Posting yourself or your services is not allowed.
6. NO POSTS ABOUT ANIMALS FOR BREEDING OR FOOD PURPOSES.
7. BE NICE. A brief note on Freecycle etiquette: we are all VOLUNTEERS and we've got a great little community here so when you arrange to pick up an item from another Freecycle member, it is basic good manners to accommodate them as much as possible in terms of scheduling, and then be punctual; they are, after all, giving you something you need and asking nothing in return except that you will show up when you say you will. Also, unless the giver tells you otherwise, assume that they would like you to come by as soon as you can to take away the item.
PICK UP. Arrange as you like. Generally, you'll wait until you get a handful of responses or maybe overnight, and then you can pick whomever you like! Arrange pickup with one person only, only give your phone number/email to one person at a time or ask for the recipient's phone number. Otherwise you'll get swamped with phone calls or emails.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, IF YOUR ITEM IS NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE, REMOVE IT FROM YOUR OFFERS, SO THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY WILL NOT WASTE ENERGY ON WAITING FOR YOUR EMAILS YOU MIGHT NOT BE BOTHERED TO SEND TO LET THEM KNOW THE ITEM IS NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE: alternatively, you might chose to write in your Offer that you will respond only to the successful or first person to email you asking for your item. Respect other's time, just the way others appreciate your time. The system is also set to put into moderation (until seen by the human moderators) if a price is included in your listing (ie. if you write:'the original price of the item was £200') or key words and their family of words deriving from 'sell, buy, price etc'. Do not include the above in your listing if you want to avoid moderation. The human moderators will further check your ads several times per day and depending on time, they might advise you why your item/ad/offer/wanted request has been rejected. Priority is always given in the Wanted section to Westminster members. Remember though: Freecycle is not a shopping list and we might chose to reject your requests in the Wanted section.
HOW TO ORGANIZE / MINIMIZE FREECYCLE.ORG EMAILS YOU ARE RECEIVING:
a) SET YOUR MY.FREECYCLE.ORG ACCOUNT TO 'None apart from Admins' , 'A digest of 25 posts, or 'One for each post'. If you choose 'One for each post,' be aware that you will dramatically increase the number of emails you receive to your mailbox, but many people do prefer this, especially if they have set up a filtering rule, as above.. EMAIL DIGEST means you receive one email per 25 messages posted to the group, with at least one email per day. NONE APART FROM ADMINs only means you only receive important messages from the Moderators and you may simply read general posts online. To do either of these:
1. Go to My Freecycle: http://my.freecycle.org/ 2. click the green 'My Groups' tab, 3. then under our group name click 'Change settings'. 4. Beside 'Email Preference', choose your desired setting. 5. Then click on 'Change Email Preferences' button.
b) CREATE A SEPARATE E-MAIL FOLDER FOR FREECYCLE.ORG. Create a separate folder in your e-mail program or web mail & have Freecycle.org mail sent to it automatically with a new rule under tools/message rules/mail/ (Outlook Express). Most "free" web-based mail services such as Yahoo or Gmail also provide filter tools for users.
IMPORTANT: CHANGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT ARE NOT IMMEDIATE. Whenever a user changes settings, there may be a delay in the time it takes to process the change until the change takes effect. It may take a day or more for changes to be seen. So, please don't email the moderators with comments such as, 'I changed my settings/unsubscribed yesterday, why am I still getting emails?' Please be patient, and all should be accomplished. Don't try to make a change a second time as this may result in another day of waiting.
You CAN delete your own messages (so you do not need the moderator's help) from the message list whatever your reason is (for example, if someone has taken the item you offered, or if you have received the item you wanted, or if you posted something by mistake). To do this: 1. Click the 'My Posts' tab, 2. Click the 'Manage' button beside the item 3. click the appropriate button to Cancel or mark Taken or Received. Once your Offer has been Taken or your Wanted has been received, do not post a new message to the group. Click on the My Posts link under the My Freecycle.org link on the top right and next to the post that is no longer available, select the 'Mark as Taken' or 'Mark as Received' option. You can also remove the post completely from My Freecycle.org by selecting the 'Remove post from My Freecycle.org' option.
Many thanks and happy freecycling.
Freecycle Westminster UK Mod
Please login or sign up to My Freecycle to join this group.