Freecycle Tips and Reminders
Helpful Freecycle Tips
1. Be polite and respectful when posting or replying. Consider letting people know whether an item is promised already and please follow up and mark offers as "Taken" or in the case of a wanted post, if it has been fulfilled. If you receive replies to your posts it's nice to let people know whether you already have what you wanted and/or you have already given away what you offered. This Freecycle group will work more smoothly if these guidelines are followed.
2. The item you want might already be available - search the postings to see if someone else has already offered it (or something like it.)
3. Represent your offered items as accurately as possible. Pictures really help.
4. We strongly suggest you not include your phone number or address with your posts. Please don't post for free-for-all pickups such as "Wonderful furniture left at end of driveway at 123 Main Street first come first served". I personally understand that it can be frustrating to make arrangements directly with people who have expressed an interest, but imagine jumping in your vehicle to get to a location to find that items are no longer available - you just wasted time and fuel.
5. If you haven’t received responses, test by replying to your own postings on both the Freecycle site and Freecycle emails. Sometimes there are issues with email servers or your email settings. Report any technical issues to the Westport Freecycle Moderator through the link on the Freecycle site and/or email@example.com.
Please login or sign up to My Freecycle to join this group.