Corona-virus COVID-19 and Freecyle good practice recommendations
As a charitable web community, The Freecycle Network has often provided a critical alternative method for our members to support each other in times of crisis, such as extreme weather conditions and disasters.
With the spread of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 which is causing the disease COVID-19, we look forward to being here for each other now as well, especially as access to public spaces becomes more limited.
Please, when gifting, do consider the following steps to remain safe and healthy:
- If you are experiencing symptoms, please refrain from participating in the gifting process;
- Before picking up or gifting wash hands, wipe the items down with a disinfecting wipe;
- Consider simply leaving the item on the porch/doorstep for others;
- When interacting with each other, please maintain social distance when greeting, and if you cough or sneeze, please use your elbow or a tissue to catch the germs;
- Also, please disinfect regularly used surfaces like doorknobs and tables where items are left;
Freecycle is about keeping items out of landfills and helping others. Now is a good time to build on this community and pull together for a common cause. Thank you for your part.
More general information is found at the link below: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
------------------------------------------ You are getting this email because you are a member of the Winchester Freecycle group. To change your group email settings directly on the site use this link (You may need to log-in to the site before being able to use this option.): http://my.freecycle.org/home/groups/WinchesterUK/options To unsubscribe from this Group, use this link: http://confirm.freecycle.org/unsubscribe/67d180ee478af4bc8dc9e49af49bff9a86150119/1227
Please login or sign up to My Freecycle to join this group.