Wyre Forest (Bewdley, Kidderminster & Stourport)
Vital Information (The Rules!)
The aim of this group is to match people who have things they need to get rid of with people who can use them. Our goal is to keep usable items out of the landfill.
* KEEP IT FREE, LEGAL & APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AGES. This INCLUDES your profile. No pornography/adult material, alcohol, tobacco, drugs (legal or otherwise), firearms or other weapons (including parts or replicas).
* NO spam is to be posted to the group OR sent privately to group members EVER.
* NO money. Do not ask for it and NEVER pay, including for delivery (see the warning message about scam posts).
* NO Politics. NO Religion. NO personal attacks or rudeness (to other members or the Moderators).
* NO trading, bartering or swaps.
The rules above are strictly enforced and there will be NO exceptions. Please respect the rules - they are here to ensure using the group is a pleasant experience for everyone. Members who break any rules will be put back on moderation or removed from the site altogether.
* DO NOT use taglines, email names, signature lines and/or footers that are excessively long or contain business information, addresses, websites, or phone numbers.
* DO NOT be rude or judgemental. Personal attacks or harassment of our members and Moderators WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
* DO NOT post complaints. If you have a problem or an issue with another member or a post, please politely contact the Moderators who will do their best to help.
* DO contact the moderators if you need help, or are not sure what to do. We're here to help you!
* DO NOT jump to conclusions about any messages. Please remember that there are people using Freecycle for whom the written word is difficult. These can include, amongst others, those who write or speak English as a second language, are inexperienced on computers and the internet or those that have specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia. If someone sends you an email and you're not sure how to take it, assume it was meant the best possible way. If you still have a problem after doing this then bring it to the attention of the Moderators.
* DO indicate the area in which you are located when posting. PLEASE note this in the subject line of your post.
* DO post more OFFERs than WANTEDs. Keep WANTED posts to a minimum (no more than five per month, or two per day) and always be realistic and considerate when making requests. WANTED posts stay open for 31 days, do not request the same item again within this time, or cross-post to many groups.
* If you are posting a WANTED, please keep it short and do not include a reason as we cannot verify any reasons given. If you are requesting on behalf of a charity, you may say so, but you must include the registered charity number.
WHAT TO POST AND WHAT NOT TO POST:
* NO ANIMALS. No posts (either OFFERs or WANTEDs) for any live animals.
* NO requests or Offers for non-tangible items such as Gmail accounts, help in the garden or help with charity events.
* DO NOT offer or request opened and/or partially used cosmetics or personal care products for hygiene reasons. Offers of unopened/unused cosmetics and personal care products are welcome though.
* NO advertising boot sales etc. Of course, you can offer individual left over items (for free) in the usual way.
* If you intend to resell items from Freecycle, you MUST disclose this up front either in your original Wanted post or when responding an offer, so the donor can make an informed decision. Members have the right to enquire as to the intended use of any item they offer. If you believe an item of yours has been sold without you being told then PLEASE contact your moderators.
* DO NOT request money for offers, or set rules about who can take the item.
Thank you for being here and being a part of this movement. The generosity and kindness we have seen since getting involved with Freecycle is quite amazing... and we are proud to be a part of it. Keep up the good work!
Your Wyre Forest Freecycle Moderators
Please login or sign up to My Freecycle to join this group.